Saturday, December 31, 2011

This is our year for sure.

This year has been really hard on many of us, myself included. Next year, however, next year...it is our year. This next year we make things work for us, we show each other love and support, acceptance and kindness, strength and vulnerability. We have many challenges ahead of us, but we have the means and the tool to overcome them, to turn them into building blocks to help us achieve our dreams and deepest desires. We have the power. We have the ability to change and steer our fates, and do so in positive ways.
This year tried to take almost everything from me, but i came back harder and stronger. I may not be where i want to be right now, but im changing my ways, my habits, my mentalities, and my attitudes and thus i am changing the outcome of my actions. You can too.
It is important, however, to look back...briefly perhaps...at the year that happened. At the dramas and imperfections and lessons learned. Its important to look back and FORGIVE. Forgive the people that wronged you, forgive the situations and the universe for not being perfect but most importantly YOU MUST FORGIVE YOURSELF. You must look at the mistakes you made, the regrets you may have and say to yourself "i forgive myself for making these mistakes. i forgive myself for not being perfect, or for not acting perfectly. I am human. I am learning. I forgive myself for not being exactly where i want to be right now, life is difficult and there is no guidebook with which to get through it perfectly or unscathed and i am simply doing the best i can at any given time with the information i have. I forgive myself."
This life IS hard. The Buddha said "life is suffering, change is suffering, everything is suffering" while there is a lot more that goes into that, essentially this is true--we live, therefore we suffer in various ways. This is not necessarily a BAD thing however. It simply is, and we try to get through life the best we can with as much happiness as we can get. We can minimize suffering for one another however...act with mindfulness, act with compassion in this new year. Act with a universal gentleness and a strong inner resolve to make this life a beautiful one for all beings, including yourself. "You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” We are often too hard on ourselves, remember that universal love is for all things--and that you are part of all.
We can do it. This is our year for sure.



one love.
-obieposi

No comments:

Post a Comment